Monday, March 8, 2010

girls just wanna have fun

and we did.

Bachelorette party #1 of 2010 went down Saturday evening. It didn’t end ‘til the wee hours of the morning Sunday. We had a girls’ night out in the city including the 3Ds: dinner, drinks & dancing.

Days later and I’m still exhausted.

The bachelorette had a fabulous night amongst her bridesmaids and closest friends.  We did not subject her to tiara veils, bridal sashes or blinking anything. Judging by the series of pictures that are being passed around, everyone enjoyed themselves…except maybe the limo driver.

On nights like this, I wish cameras hadn’t been invented to document the turn of events & rapid decline in judgment. Cameras and the internet for that matter. Before I could say ‘bachelorette’, I was tagged in a variety of unflattering 3D pictures online (see: dinner, drinks & dancing). Through bleary eyes, I reviewed the pictures and untagged the most unflattering shots of myself. Does everyone do this at some point to preserve their cyber image?

Now I remember why these parties take place weeks, if not months, prior to the wedding! My recovery time has drastically increased in the last few years. I just can’t party for 10 hours straight anymore and bounce back. Where has my 22 year old self gone?

As I pushed through the day yesterday, I found myself in on the planning of another bachelorette party, just 2 weeks away. You think that’s comical? I opened my email today to find yet another invitation to a 3rd bachelorette party!

Soon it will be time to do it all over again. Until then, I’m on bed rest.

-The perennial bridesmaid

No comments:

Post a Comment