Monday, November 15, 2010

go ask alice

I have been elbow deep in wedding invitations for a friend. I am just about finished now but working to make the deadline while caring for a sick puppy made me feel a little bit like I was snowed in late last week.

Then it happened. I realized that I was dangerously low on all of those pesky household items. You know the ones. Napkins. Laundry detergent. Soap. TP. Boring. Why do I always run out of everything at the same time?

I had no time or desire to go to Target and stock up. That always leads to at least an hour trip and spending $50 more than I planned on extra things that I didn’t need in the first place.

Then I found it.

Alice.com  My savior.

I think I’m in love.

This site is amazing. You can order all of the household goods online and get FREE shipping to your door in just 2-3 business days. This saves hours of time waiting in line to check out at the store and wading through aisles to find your preferred brands. All of the brands and goods are right there. Online. You can compare prices and quantities. Alice even finds coupons for you!

No, I am not being paid to write this. I wish I was. I felt it was my duty to pass the word on.

It does take a little bit of time to set up “your account”. Once you do that, Alice remembers all of your favorite brands so every time you login you can just click what you need to restock and checkout. She taxes where appropriate based on your zip code so you pay what you would in the store.

Alice has got all of the drug store goods too. Even the make-up.  She's got some non-perishable food and drinks too like granola bars, coffee and tea.  Maybe I will never step foot in commercial store again.

She’s so thoughtful. Alice even takes the liquids and adds extra tape around the caps and puts them in a zip lock bag just in case something crazy happens in shipment.

This has changed my life. I know that’s a bold statement but I don’t see a need to ever step foot in a big box store again. I have gained hours of my life back. Saturday mornings are mine!

Not to mention, I never have to lug the 12 pack of toilet paper into the house while simultaneously carrying a 2 gallon jug of detergent and 6 pack of paper towels. The balancing act is over. The box will be on your door step for you. Free. Really.

Fiance. Wife. Bridesmaid. Whoever. You need to check out this goddess called Alice.com. Thank me later.

-The perennial bridesmaid

No comments:

Post a Comment