Wednesday, April 28, 2010

round robin

Things have been quiet on the wedding front lately…as I’m sure you can tell. This lull in wedding festivities has given me the opportunity to pursue another hobby and passion…antiquing!

For the last five days or so, I have taken some time to hit the streets and “treasure hunt” as I like to call it. I’ve turned up some good finds and wouldn’t you know that it’s brought me full circle and back to weddings!

How, you ask?

You didn’t? Well, let me tell you about my wedding related finds anyway.

#1 a very fabulous 1980s Nicole Miller LBD. This is one fabulous little black dress that I will be wearing to a wedding soon. It is a stunning off the shoulder dress…everything that was good about 80s fashion in a non-overwhelming sense. Pictures soon.

#2 & #3 are vintage birdcages. Yes, for birds (not veils). These ‘tiques are going to be incorporated into future table centerpieces by featuring a floral arrangement, plant or votives in the cage…the options are pretty much endless for the bride and groom to customize these. How retro and sweet! Two down. Only about 18 more “treasures” to hunt.


 
 
-The perennial bridesmaid

No comments:

Post a Comment