Saturday, January 2, 2010

vintage dresses

Ah, vintage! A topic that is near and dear to my heart. Combine vintage and weddings and I am a happy girl! You can imagine my glee when I learned last week that my June 2010 bridesmaid dress would no longer be a strapless, tea length gown but a vintage dress of my choice! No, not a vintage bridesmaid dress; no hoop skirts, no poofy sleeves and no pastels. We’re talking a feminine mid-century dress that is personal to each bridesmaid. The wedding is taking place at an historic riverfront estate, Glen Foerd, in Northeast Philadelphia. The bride has decided that she’d like to continue the antique feel of the estate by incorporating vintage styled bridesmaids. We can select a white dress of our choice and we’ll be accessorized in blue accents. Although the estate evokes an Edwardian charm, we plan to wear a more modern vintage. I have images of the perfect dress in mind - A-line halter style or a belted shirt waist type with a ruffle. A bonus would be to find a dress that I love enough to wear to the rockabilly themed wedding I am attending just two weeks later... The quest for the perfect dress(es) begins! Suggestions welcome.

-The perennial bridesmaid

No comments:

Post a Comment