Wednesday, February 24, 2010

a day in the life

An engaged friend is coming into town to shop for her wedding gown. She lives in a rural area and was hoping to cover a multitude of dresses & designers in a day or so. She asked for my advice on where to go. I have been to my fair share of bridal salons and was happy to put together an itinerary for her.

We dream about trying on wedding dresses as little girls. We discuss it again in high school and college with our friends. As adults, we get to live out that dream. In this instance, we have a head start on the hunt because the bride has already tried a few things on and found out that she likes the mermaid style and prefers straps. It is wise that we visit shops that carry designers who make those styles. I used the Kleinfeld's gown search feature to narrow down our targeted designers. From there I surfaced the following local shops that carry them. A few of my personal fave wedding designers are Maggie Sottero & Nicole Miller, incase you were wondering.

Here’s a snapshot of what we plan to tackle...I can almost taste the champagne!

Day 1

10am
Bridals by Danielle
203 South 13th St.
Philadelphia, PA
215-670-9500
www.phillybride.com
My chosen featured designer: all Jim Hjelm collections including Alvina Valenta & Lazaro

11:30am
Maria Romia Bridal
2100 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA
888-362-2651
http://www.mariaromiabridal.com/
My chosen featured designer: Priscilla of Boston

1pm lunch in Rittenhouse Square

3pm
The Van Cleve Wedding Pavilion
72 E Lancaster Ave
Paoli, PA
610-647-5085
http://www.vanclevecollection.com/
My chosen featured designer: Badgley Mischka

4:30pm
Arielle Bridal Inc.
139 C East Butler Avenue
Ambler, PA
215-542-9902
http://www.ariellebridal.com/
My chosen featured designer: Maggie Sottero


Day2
10am Brunch in Manayunk

12pm
Nicole Miller
4249 Main Street, Philadelphia
(215) 930-0307
http://www.nicolemiller.com/

Feel free to use the itinerary if you are wedding gown shopping in Philadelphia. There are numerous shops & designers in the metro area to visit…too many for just one day!

-The perennial bridesmaid

No comments:

Post a Comment