Friday, February 19, 2010

summer dreams

…make me feel fine.

On these cold February days, planning a sunny summer event brightens my day. This morning I secured 25 tickets to an August Phillies game/bachelorette party where the boys will take on the Mets. It should be a good game considering the long standing rivalry between both teams. Regardless of the rivalry at bat, it is guaranteed to be a good day because a group of friends will be celebrating with the bride in one of her favorite atmospheres.

Tickets went on sale yesterday for the Phillies regular season. Getting a large group in to see the Phillies play the Mets on a Saturday evening in August proved to be quite challenging, even this early in the pre-season. Fortunately I was up for the challenge! Sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see if my request for 25 tickets was approved only psyched me for the event more. Look for us on the jumbotron dancing with the Phanatic this summer!

I can barely wait. I’ve spent the morning daydreaming about pinstripes, Hatfield Dogs, Chickie's & Pete's Crab Fries, cotton candy, the Schmitter, Tony Luke’s cheesesteaks & McFadden’s cover bands. If you don’t know what I am talking about, you’ve probably never been to the Phillies stadium on a warm summer night. Put it on your to-do list.

Bring on tailgating. Bring on baseball. Bring on the summer sun!

-The perennial bridesmaid

1 comment:

  1. so excited! you are the best .5 bridesmaid a girl could ask for.

    ReplyDelete